Monday, August 25, 2008

Comfortable/Uncomfortable

August 25, 2008 (74) (Comfortable/Uncomfortable)

When you’re comfortable, you feel relaxed in your body and mind. You’re not worried about anything. There’s no pain. You could stay in that place forever. However when you’re uncomfortable you can’t relax, and sometimes there is a lot of pain. Most of the time you can’t wait to get out of that place of being uncomfortable.

I started a new fitness program last week and the pain I felt after the second class was very uncomfortable. Those of you who have ever started a new program know what I mean. I awaken muscles I didn’t know existed. All I knew was that I wanted to get back to that comfortable place within my body. I didn’t like being uncomfortable with every move I made because it hurt so badly. However, I knew that if I stayed with the program the pain of being uncomfortable would pass, and I would enjoy being comfortable again. I just had to get over that first step.

Some of us are very comfortable within our lives, our careers, etc. But deep down within our mind, body, and spirit we know that there is more for us to do; but because we don’t’ want to feel uncomfortable we won’t move. Being comfortable is what we all enjoy. Being uncomfortable is what we are afraid of. However, in order to do those things God has placed in us we have to be uncomfortable for a moment.

QUESTIONS:
How comfortable are you?
Are you willing to be uncomfortable for a moment?

Read: Psalm 30:5

GOD BLESS AND PROTECT YOU ALWAYS

Copyright 2008 Innovative Life Solutions. All rights reserved.

Carolyn Taylor
Certified Personal Life Coach

E-mail: ctaylorlifecoach@bellsouth.net
http://www.carolyn-lifecoach.blogspot.com/
http://www.innovativelifetravel.com/
http://www.helpingyouseetheworld.com/

No comments: